Welcome To Mommy Makings

This blog is for all those moms out there who love projects, but don't have a lot of time. I love to paint and sew and cook, and as a mother of two tiny ones, I never have time, so I am constantly searching for things to make myself a little trendier and ways to get dinner on the table fast. I don't claim to be any sort of craftista, but here you will find everything from recipes to jewelry, all do it yourself and always EASY!!! P.S if anyone has projects you'd like me to try please leave me a comment about it.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Zoo Block Quilt

This is my first attempt at quilting. I had planned to have done for when Emmett was born. Well six months after it is finished. Don't worry it wasn't that much work..... I about had it finished before he was born, and then i just quit. So this week I pulled it out and finished it. This was a really fun project, and was not to difficult for a first attempt.
It ended up being slightly bigger than Crib Size
The pattern has cut out of animals, that you end up ironing on, then you can lots of embroidering extras, like buttons and yarn. It was tedious but lots of fun.
I made a few changes to the original pattern, like adding the triangle edging. This is really easy to do. You simply cut out a TON of small squares, fold in half to form a triangle, then half again to form a smaller triangle, then press it. Sew all your triangles in on long line, and then add as edging.

This was a fun quilt the original pattern is posted in the link just below!!!

Print this Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment