Welcome To Mommy Makings

This blog is for all those moms out there who love projects, but don't have a lot of time. I love to paint and sew and cook, and as a mother of two tiny ones, I never have time, so I am constantly searching for things to make myself a little trendier and ways to get dinner on the table fast. I don't claim to be any sort of craftista, but here you will find everything from recipes to jewelry, all do it yourself and always EASY!!! P.S if anyone has projects you'd like me to try please leave me a comment about it.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

BBQ Pasta

This is a really different dish. It is not one of my favorite, but it was fun to make. If you love BBQ sauce you will likely love, and my two year old went NUTS over it. It is fast to make, from start to finish was about 25 minutes.Ingredients

1 Tbs olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
1 red onion, diced
3 cups water
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
salt to tase
12 ounces penne pasta
2/3 cup BBQ sauce
1/3 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese

In a LARGE skillet (or pot if you don't have a really big skillet.) heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and onions and saute until the chicken is browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken and onions to a plate and set aside.

In the same skillet, add the water, chicken broth, penne and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the pasta is tender and most of the moisture absorbed. Stir in the barbecue sauce and sour cream. Once mixed, add in the reserved chicken, onions and shredded cheese. Stir to combine and cook until everything is heated through. Garnish with additional tomato, green onions and shredded cheese.

Print This Recipe

Original Recipe: Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment