Welcome To Mommy Makings

This blog is for all those moms out there who love projects, but don't have a lot of time. I love to paint and sew and cook, and as a mother of two tiny ones, I never have time, so I am constantly searching for things to make myself a little trendier and ways to get dinner on the table fast. I don't claim to be any sort of craftista, but here you will find everything from recipes to jewelry, all do it yourself and always EASY!!! P.S if anyone has projects you'd like me to try please leave me a comment about it.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Black Bean Enchiladas


We tried these for Sunday Dinner. It was a nice change up from my chicken enchiladas and all three boys enjoyed them. In fact i think they are already all gone!!!

Ingredients
1 Tbs Oil
1 Lrg Onion
1 (7oz) can green chilies
1 Tbs minced Garlic
1 (20 oz) can Black beans Drained and Rinsed
12- 6 inch corn or flour tortillas
5 cups shredded Monterrey or cheddar cheese
1 (16 oz) Can enchilada sauce (I prefer green, but any works well)
Your favorite chunky salsa (but click on this link and use my homemade salsa because it is THE BEST!!!!)

In a large skillet saute onion, chilies, and garlic in oil until onion is translucent. Remove from heat and add black beans. Pour half the can of enchilada sauce in a 13X9 inch baking pan. Spoon bean mixture into toritillas, sprinkle with 2-3 Tbs. of cheese, roll and place seam down in baking pan. Pour Enchilada Sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook at 350 degrees for 30 Min. top with salsa.

Tip
OK this is an IMPORTANT one. If you go with the corn toritillas you are going to want to cook them in hot oil for a couple seconds on each side. If you don't they are going to break in half and crumble when you roll them, also they will be hard and chewy after you bake them. If you use flour it dont worry about this little memo.

Print this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment