Welcome To Mommy Makings

This blog is for all those moms out there who love projects, but don't have a lot of time. I love to paint and sew and cook, and as a mother of two tiny ones, I never have time, so I am constantly searching for things to make myself a little trendier and ways to get dinner on the table fast. I don't claim to be any sort of craftista, but here you will find everything from recipes to jewelry, all do it yourself and always EASY!!! P.S if anyone has projects you'd like me to try please leave me a comment about it.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sour Cream Banana Bread


We have been on a real banana bread kick as of late, and this is so the best recipe that exists. We made two loaves and they were both gone within hours. Yes my diet is going well hahaha!!!

Ingredients
1 cube butter
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 ripe bananas
1 cup sour cream
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt


mix all together. put in 2 bread pans (spray with pam). 350 for appx 40 minutes, you want golden brown tops.

Tips:
David loves chocolate chips in his banana bread, I dont. But if you are a chocolate fan, heres what ya do. After the last step of pouring banana bread into to loaf pans, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and spoon them around. Don't push them down to far, and dont completely mix with dough they will sink to the bottom and burn!!!

Print this Recipe

Original Recipe: Melissa Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment