Welcome To Mommy Makings

This blog is for all those moms out there who love projects, but don't have a lot of time. I love to paint and sew and cook, and as a mother of two tiny ones, I never have time, so I am constantly searching for things to make myself a little trendier and ways to get dinner on the table fast. I don't claim to be any sort of craftista, but here you will find everything from recipes to jewelry, all do it yourself and always EASY!!! P.S if anyone has projects you'd like me to try please leave me a comment about it.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Binky Straps

So my littlest guy is always losing his binky and the straps at the store are big, ugly and expensive so here is an easy fix I found thanks to a friend
What you need:
1/2 Yard ribbon (approx. 3/4 inch) Make sure its something easy to wash.
1 snap or Velcro (I prefer snap so it doesn't scratch baby's chin)
1 pack mitten clips (you will be able to make FOUR binky Straps with one pack)
needle and thread

For the attachment i used the old school mitten clips. (you remember them, they hold your mittens to your coat sleeve.) Best of all they are on clearance at Walmart, for 50 cents you get
four brand new binky attachments. Slide the ribbon through the slot, fold over the hem, and sew straight across several times for a good hold, like shown. I used my sewing machine , but doing it by hand works just as well.

(Also while doing this project take mind of what side you want facing up and that all your snaps and attachments go accordingly.)
With the other end get your snap or velcro and sew them on the in side of the ribbon. I folded mine into a clean hem so it wouldn't fray. An inch or so a part should work well, but you may want to measure with an actual binky to be sure.
(I sewed around the hem by hand just to make it a little neater)

And there you have it, for less than a buckTip: I wasn't crazy about the colors of the mitten and red was all I could find. If you can't find the color you are looking for or prefer silver I found the color could be stripped with a little nail polish remover and some scrubbing! TADA!!!
Original Pattern from: Ally Munn

No comments:

Post a Comment