Welcome To Mommy Makings

This blog is for all those moms out there who love projects, but don't have a lot of time. I love to paint and sew and cook, and as a mother of two tiny ones, I never have time, so I am constantly searching for things to make myself a little trendier and ways to get dinner on the table fast. I don't claim to be any sort of craftista, but here you will find everything from recipes to jewelry, all do it yourself and always EASY!!! P.S if anyone has projects you'd like me to try please leave me a comment about it.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Crocheted Bead Rings

I am HUGE into rings right now. Probably because it is a difficult piece of jewlery for my 5 month old can destroy. I bought a ring the other day, when my mother saw it she said "hey i used to make rings just like that." Sure enough with a lot of searching, I found a few patterns on the internet. This is a really easy pattern, it just takes a little patience. I have found similar rings in stores for 8-16 bucks so you can't go wrong. GOOD LUCK!!!





YOU WILL NEED:
Elastic Thread
Beads of any size/color
Size 3 Crochet Hook

Abbreviations:
CH (chain)
SL ST (slip stitch)
SC (single crochet)
RND (roun
d)


Begin a ch 4, join with sl st to form a ring.
Rnd 1: * Slip a pearl or bead down, sc in ring, repeat from * 4 times (5 sc).
Rnd 2: This rnd is worked without pearls or beads; 2 sc in each sc of previous rnd (10 sc).
Rnd 3: * Slip pearl or bead, sc in sc, repeat from * around (10 sc).
Rnd 4: This rnd is worked without pearls or beads. Sc in each sc (10 sc).
Rnd 5: Repeat rnd 3.
Rnd 6: Repeat rnd 4.
Next: Ch 20, join with sl st in 5th sc on rnd 6 to form a ring. Turn, sl st in each of ch 20, fasten off. Pull ends through to wrong side of work and fasten securely.

Tips: 1. dont panic about being perfect, the pattern is simple, but the work is pretty intricate. You miss a stitch here, or lose you spot there, it will still turn out. 2. As you can see I made the band thicker by simply doing triple crochet and securing the ends to the middle of the ring.

Print this Pattern

Original pattern: groovyboutique.com


1 comment: