Welcome To Mommy Makings

This blog is for all those moms out there who love projects, but don't have a lot of time. I love to paint and sew and cook, and as a mother of two tiny ones, I never have time, so I am constantly searching for things to make myself a little trendier and ways to get dinner on the table fast. I don't claim to be any sort of craftista, but here you will find everything from recipes to jewelry, all do it yourself and always EASY!!! P.S if anyone has projects you'd like me to try please leave me a comment about it.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Garlic Chicken and Spinach Pasta

Sorry to all those I promised this too and it has taken so long to get it up. This is so delicious it is one of my favorite new recipes. It is really nutritious and light, but plenty filling and my kidos love it too.
Ingredients
6 cloves minced garlic (about 3 tsps)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
6 Tbs oil
2-3 chicken breasts
1 pound penne pasta
1 (5 oz) bag baby spinach
1 Tbs dried basil (or 1/4 cup fresh)
6 Tbs lemon juice, or juice of 2 lemons
1 1/2 cup parmesan (i use shredded because it is delicious but grated works fine too)

Combine garlic, pepper, and oil in small bowl and microwave until garlic turns brown. It usually only takes 1 minute, if it isnt brown stick it in for another 30 seconds.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces, using 1 tbs of your garlic oil, put chicken and oil in a skillett and brown. While you are cooking up the chicken boil the pasta according to package.
Next combine chicken, drained pasta, reserved oil, lemon juice, basil, and cheese. Toss in spinach, serve immediately.

Tips:
If you arent a lemon love like me, you can half the amount
I really never use the whole bag of spinach, i usually use about half because i am not spinach lover, but put in a little at a time until its the amount you like

Print this Recipe


Original Recipe: My Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment