Welcome To Mommy Makings

This blog is for all those moms out there who love projects, but don't have a lot of time. I love to paint and sew and cook, and as a mother of two tiny ones, I never have time, so I am constantly searching for things to make myself a little trendier and ways to get dinner on the table fast. I don't claim to be any sort of craftista, but here you will find everything from recipes to jewelry, all do it yourself and always EASY!!! P.S if anyone has projects you'd like me to try please leave me a comment about it.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken Enchilada Pasta

This was really delicious and if you have already prepared chicken it takes all of 15 minutes to prepare! Enjoy!!

2-3 Chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded)
2 Tbs Oil
2 cloves garlic (I used minced its easier)
1 medium onion diced
4 oz can mild green chilis
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
1 can large olives sliced
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded cheese
1 (16oz) box small noodle pasta (i used rotini, but penne or macaroni work well too)

Cook pasta to package direction. While pasta is cooking add oil to large skillett, add onion and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add chicken, green chilis, olives, enchilada sauce, and spices. Let simmer about 10 minutes. Add sour cream and cheese, heat until melted but DON'T BOIL. Combine sauce and pasta.

Tip:
Garnish with sour cream, tomatos, green onions, and/or cheese.
I really like cilantro flavor so I throw a little dried or fresh cilantro in the sauce

Print This Recipe


Original recipe: My Kitchen Cafe

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I will definately be folowing your blog. This mommy needs some help and some ideas:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete